Apr 8, 2013

California Here We Come!


Hello...Well, this is a hectic week here in FunTown...as we are packing our suitcases for our trip to Orange County, California. Ooh, this reminds me...note to self...don't forget to bring the sunscreen!


My good buddy Pat Murphy is stitching up a storm right now. I am sure her fingers are ready to fall off.   She stays up late into the night perfecting her "Murphy's" and perfection they are. Pat is always finding new paths that take her work to new heights. I can't wait to see what she brings. We are gathering this weekend for our third annual "Gathering of Friends" Trunk Show. All of us are trying to make every minute count.


Paul Gordon sent me this photo this week...This is one of the masterpieces that he has made for our show. I responded to him that I do think he is having fun in his studio. Yet, he always does. I don't think that I have ever seen Paul unhappy, and his happy disposition is reflective in his art. He paints, he sculpts, he sews and he combines these talents with his amazing collections of antique textiles and accessories.


Our friend Allen Cunningham is making his magic in his studio in Ohio...and magic it is. Allen has a remarkable imagination and he is an expert in antique dolls...well, all things old and charming. All of these talents come through his fingers. His attention to detail is amazing. He will be bringing his originals this weekend, but he also has licensed designs with "Bethany Lowe"...I happen to know that The Smithsonian Institute" is showcasing these designs in their gift shop.


This diminutive little bunny is created by Arbutus Hunter. She brings such charm to her unique spun cotton ornaments. Charming they are. She represents all holidays and creatures that catch her fancy. These pieces of art are ones that you will want to display all year long as it would be so difficult to tuck them away. Isn't he darling? He will be there this weekend in all of his glory.



I do hope that I inspired you to join us on:
 Saturday April 13th, at the Ayres Hotel and Suites
 325 Bristol Street in Costa Mesa,CA
We will all be there at 10:00 AM until 2:00PM...with big smiles on our faces waiting to greet you and visit with old friends and make new ones. So...if you have any friends bring them along. Our show room is downstairs by the pool. We will have signs for you.

I am eager to see what all of my friends have made. It is my favorite part of displaying at a show...peeking into everyone's trunks...suitcases that is...not bathing trunks.

Have silly "Shows are Fun" fun,   Jody

4 comments:

  1. Have lots of giggly fun Jody!!!
    Take lots of pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck Jody, and sell everything!!!!!

    Hugs,
    Meri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh Jody, it's almost here!!!!! I have been burning the midnight oil here, and I know that you have been hard at work too, creating all sorts of magic.. cant wait to see what your nimble fingers have created..... dont forget to bring your band-aides and sunscreen.. see you soooon... your best traveling buddy..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, your little Miss. Sunshine, at the top of your post, is absolutely adorable....have fun!!!
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...